Effective September 4th at 5pm, North Carolina will move into the next stage of its coronavirus pandemic recovery effort. The shift to Phase 2.5 involves the following changes:
- Outdoor playgrounds can reopen. Indoor playgrounds can operate at 30 percent capacity, or up to seven people per 1,000 square feet.
- Museums and aquariums can operate at 50 percent capacity, or up to 12 people per 1,000 square feet.
- Gyms, bowling alleys, skating rinks and other indoor exercise facilities can operate at 30 percent capacity, or up to seven people per 1,000 square feet.
- Mass gathering limits will be raised from 10 to 25 people indoors and from 25 to 50 people outside.
- Masks will be required in public for anyone age 5 and older, instead of 11 and older.
Additional information srouces include:
- Phase 2.5 FAQ here
- A table comparison of changes for each phase can be found here
- Executive Order 163
Charles M. Jackson, MPA